Health issues have been the top three main problems that Indonesia should solve, one of the government programs is building community health center in every area. Community health center has taken an important role in health development as it is the closest health service for society in every local area which will give the first aid for every health problem. In Bandung area, we have 70 community health centers for each district with average 200 daily active visitors rolled as the main first aid for the health problem in their local area.
However, after interviewing some local customers on community health service, there are two biggest issues mentioned caused by the manual queuing system:
- Unclear procedural and unexpected queuing time. About 59.1% respondents told that queuing has been the main problem as they can’t predict the long queue and estimated time to serve, where the procedural also still complicated.
- Disease spreading. Community health center which should be the first aid for the local health problem has been one of the unhealthy places caused by unhealthy waiting room which all sick person homogenized in one area in long queue time.
However, that two biggest problems could be solved by developing a system which will help society simplified the queuing system. Going from those two main problems, a virtual queuing system (we named it Qiwii) built to solve it. The online queuing system itself built simpler in order that all society in different ages and qualification may use the system. Therefore the features of virtual queuing system we are creating such as
- Register from different channels. Before designing our product, we also conducted a survey to know user behavior based on their demographics. Different ages have their preferred channels to register. Therefore, we are developing the registration system through different channels (Kiosk (on the spot registration), SMS, application, and website). This flow will help society register everywhere.
- Estimated Queuing Time. As we also build CSO panel for every Customer Service and doctors. The system will automatically update average service time and notify users with estimated time to come and update if there is any chance of serving time. This feature will help to decrease the disease spreading and unclear procedural where the queuing time compressed that they may come in the estimated time.
- Real-time analytics and data update. Through the system, Government may see analytical data for every region and help them analyzing and planning health development program in every area.
We are currently, implementing Qiwii in 4 community health center in Indonesia, there are 3 feedbacks generated from both CSO user (on this side of community health center) and society from the local area:
- Average queuing time decreased from 3-4 hours on average to 1 hours in average
- The satisfaction of community health center service rose from 3 (out of 5 stars). This is based on clear queuing procedural, less disease spreading, an easier registration and less queuing time
- Help users (CSO of community health center) generating real-time data and report.